Sunday, October 29

Drawing Using Colored Pencils

 I tried another coloring medium, the colored pencils.
And compared to other mediums, pencils are handy, 
easier to use, and cheaper. However, it would take more time 
and patience to see the outcome.

To start with, you have to choose papers with the right texture.
Some artists recommend materials with rough surfaces
while others prefer the smoother ones.
I experimented on both. Perhaps, it depends
on what you want to accomplish.

I usually make pencil sketches before applying acrylic,
gouache, and watercolor paints. But with colored pencils, 
I would do the same and then erase the dark areas
before filling them with colors.  

Then I would create thin layers by applying strokes
 in different directions,  left, right, and circular. 
The colors will slowly build up.
Apply less pressure at first and use light-colored pencils.
Then switch to pencils with darker shades. 
Remember the portion with highlights. 
Alternatively, you may use white gel pens 
for the highlights.

Displayed below are my finished artworks.
I also created video demonstrations and uploaded them
on YouTube. Feel free to subscribe. Thank you!


Drawing a Candle and Tulip Using Colored Pencils


   

No comments:

Post a Comment